Bar Diameter: 2.25 inches (57.2 mm); 1.25 inches (31.8 mm) optional
Boring Diameter: 1.5 – 24 inches (38.1 – 609.6 mm)
Max. Stroke: 36 inches (914.4 mm)
Torque at Bar: 417 ft-lb hydraulic (565.4 N•m)
Power Options: Electric, Pneumatic, or Hydraulic
Quick and Easy Setup
- Modular components make setup quick and easy.
- Fast and easy setup using high quality cast-iron set-up cones and spherical bearing mounts.
- Patented spherical bearing mounting system allows quick setup, with up to 5° of bearing misalignment.
- Typical set-up time for an experienced operator is 30 minutes or less.
- Up to 650 ft-lbs (881 N·m) of torque at the bar – more than any other portable boring machine in its boring range.
- Specially-designed rotational drive unit provides 4:1 or optional 12:1 or worm gear reduction for increased torque at all speeds
Flexible, High Quality Design
- Through-bar design allows the rotational drive and feed unit to be mounted anywhere along the bar, even separately.
- Patented heavy-duty spherical bearing mounts ensure rigid attachment to the work piece, for more effective machining.
- Highly customizable to meet a variety of needs.
- Available in electric, servo, hydraulic, or pneumatic motor configurations.
- Reversible electric motor.
- Fast, easy two-bolt change-out process to switch motors.
- Available in a variety of bar lengths, from 4 – 24 feet (1219.2 – 7315.2 mm).
- Bars are straightened, and have ½ inch or 12 mm square-broached tooling holes.
- Accessories allow the BB5000 to be used for blind boring, line boring, drilling, facing, and valve repair.
- An interface kit allows attachment and quick alignment of the CLIMAX Auto Bore Welders for efficient bore welding.
- Extremely compact for ease of use in cramped, tight work spaces.
- Drive & Feed can be mounted between bearings for use in even more confined spaces.